Saturday, September 1, 2012

Colorado Springs

Thanks for hanging in there with me while I took a little break.  Now, back to telling you about Colorado.

There is something about being in Colorado Springs that I just love.  It's the mountains you always get to look at, the smell in the air after it rains, people walking or riding their bikes everywhere, and of course, the people.  We have so many good friends in the Springs and this trip we got to catch up with a few.  My old accountability partner now turned mom of 1 and another on the way, my old college roommate who took me shopping to help me get out of my "frumpy mom mode" and our long, meaningful conversations reminded me why I loved living with her.  We also got to have lunch with our favorite Colorado Springs couple, he was in our wedding and Dave was his best man and she and I met just before moving away but is an amazing woman.  We also made a quick trip up to Ft Collins to visit one of my besties!  She just had her 4th baby and I was so excited to meet little Amaya.  There are many others we wish we could have spent time with but we did enjoy catching up with these people.



On top of that of course is the fact that our families are here.  Family is so, so, important to me and I cherish all the time we get, short or long.

Our first stop was my parents house.  We got to spend lots of time playing in their backyard which is a toddlers paradise filled with a playhouse, slide, and trampoline.  Norah got really brave on the trampoline and just loved jumping as high as she could.  My favorite shot was taken out of their kitchen window as I watched Norah and Papa play.


We also went to the zoo which was really fun but quite the hike.  I forgot that the zoo there is on a mountain and for a low lander like myself, oxygen was sparse.




We also ventured up to Tiny Town in Morrison, CO which was the cutest little place.  They have all these tiny houses and some you can play in and others you just look at.  They also had a playground and a train you could ride!  Norah just loved riding the train so she got to do it twice!



The rest of the time was filled with good conversation, gluten free food, helping out with some home projects and discovering a new way to use a sled (thanks Uncle Jesse).



Already looking forward to our next visit. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

What Fabulous memories...and the time went way too fast. I wish we could do it all over again! It is always a highlight in our lives when Papa and I get to have the girls (and their parents) stay with us! All the pictures remind me of summer days of love and laughter with you guys! See you again soon :)