Thursday, June 28, 2012

Norah turns 2!

We celebrated Norah's birthday a few weeks early while my mom was in town. Ya gotta celebrate when family can be around! Norah LOVES Elmo so we did an Elmo theme.  She had lots of her little friends over and she loved it!

 We got pictures with each of her little friends and I don't think Norah smiled for a single one. BUT she does just LOVE her friends!  She talks about these two girls all the time!

We also played outside for a bit

She got some really fun gifts (she LOVES jewelry and sunglasses)

And of course there was cake.  Norah wasn't sure what to think of everyone singing to her. She did enjoy the cake though. 

This was the ONLY picture Norah smiled in.  She loves her Mimi!  

On her real birthday we tried to make the day as special as she is.  When I grew up one birthday tradition we had was "birthday signs" around the house.  For whatever age you were turning, that's how many signs you had: 8, you had 8 signs, 15 you had 15 signs, 40 you had 40 signs, you get the idea.  When I was 18 I remember waking up being excited to see my birthday signs.  It's something small but always made me feel special; I knew I wanted to do it with my girls.  So for Norah's 2nd birthday here were her 2 signs (I'm sure my family will recognize them as the traditional 2 you always had to have).


We had pancakes for breakfast


Lunch with Daddy (there's a change I forgot to bring a bib for Abby.  Don't worry, we took it as soon as she was done)


We had cupcakes before dinner


She got to start facing FORWARD in the car ...


We took her to dinner at Amazing Pizza Machine which is kind of like a Chuck-E-Cheese but local.  LOTS of stimulation, lots of food and lots of things to run around and play on.  They had a little toddler area and Norah loved it.  She also loved getting more presents from family and generally just had fun being a 2 year old.



We loved celebrating your life with you Norah!!

1 comment:

Uncle Josh said...

I love that you're doing the birthday signs tradition! I can't believe Uncle Josh & Aunt Emmy's awesome birthday song video didn't make the blog...I'm sure that was her favorite part of turning two :)