Thursday, June 14, 2012

Being home

I realize I haven't posted a real post in a while, sorry about that. Between coming home from Alabama and summer kicking in to full gear, time on the computer has taken a back seat. Let's catch up a little shall we?

Soon after we got home Mimi (my mom) came into town to visit for a week! After 8 weeks away from home with no babysitters, Dave and I were as greateful as the girls were excited!  My mom let us have EVERY night off and we enjoyed going out on dinner dates, putt putt and just talking in the car.  It's amazing how refreshing dates can be.  Babysitters are expensive, plus there is a very limited number I trust so we love having my mom in town to take care of them.

On top of giving us date nights she did an over the top job of doing our laundry, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, laundry, and this was just while the girls took naps!!  The woman is a superhero!

She also took the girls to the zoo so I could enjoy some alone time at the house.  They had so much fun!  There may have been a little incident with Abigayle, carrots and her trying to feed herself but otherwise I think they had a great time!
Headed into the zoo for fun!!
My beautiful baby!!

The new baby giraffe 





Norah and Mimi also had a good time painting a birdhouse.  I seriously think Norah could have kept painting all day.  

Silly Norah, don't eat it!
Here Mimi, let me paint your face!
The finished product!
Thanks for coming Mimi!  We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having you!!!!!  






1 comment:

Mom said...

Being with my Precious Adorable Beautiful Curious Happy Excited Energetic little Grandbaby Girls is truly Heaven on Earth for me. There is NO place I would rather be than with them! I am so grateful for every moment I get to spend with them. I would bundle them up and take them home to Colorado to be here permanently if I could get away with it! :)

Oh, and I am convinced that laundry piles reproduce while sitting on the couch or table so there is no hope of ever really getting caught up! ;)