Wednesday, April 25, 2012

6 months old!

Happy 6 months Abigayle!

Your skills:
Sitting up
Rolling from tummy to back
Getting up on your knees (for about 2 seconds)
Blowing bubbles
Taking your paci in and out
Eating food: so far you like everything you've tried. Avocados, Prunes, Barley and Green Beans.  


Things that make you special:
Shreeking like a dying cat when you are hungry.  I'm sorry to put it that way sweetie but it's true.  Sometimes when we are walking in the hall to get to our hotel room and you are yelling, people will pop their head out of their rooms to make sure an animal isn't being tortured.  It's a cute shreek, but it's shreeking none the less.
Laughing hysterically at Norah, but no one else.
If we can't get you to fall asleep we just go in and hold your hand and you will roll over and drift off.  You love sleeping on your left side and you love holding hands.
You grab my face and give me kisses all the time. 
You love hot water.  If we want to give you a bath with Norah either she is upset because it's too hot or you are upset because it's too cold.  
You make this face and I think it's the cutest thing I have ever seen.


Nicknames we have for you:
Squeekers
Abbers
Abby babby
Button


Your personality:
Patient, with the exception of when you think you are starving
Gentle, you can already tell what a gentle spirit you have
Cuddler, man oh man how you love to snuggle in.  Strangers even comment about how snuggly you are.  It's so sweet.
People person but also shy. You enjoy being in the midst of what is going on but you prefer if mama holds you while you scope it out.


It's amazing how quickly you are growing up.  You've gone from newborn to baby in the blink of an eye.  I still can't imagine you crawling around and then walking and talking.  I also can't imagine our family without you. I remember in the months before you were born I was really worried about how Norah would adjust.  I wondered if she would be ok going from an only child to having a baby around.  Abigayle, your big sister loves you so much!!  Now, I think about how lonely and sad Norah might be if you weren't around!  She LOVES snuggling with you, giving you hugs and kisses, making sure we give you hugs and kisses, bringing you toys, giving you your paci and blankie.  I love the love you two have for each other, don't ever lose that.


You have stolen your daddy's heart.  I remember him trying to make you laugh and the first time you laughed for him his face lit up!  He was beaming with joy to hear those sweet giggles.  He is so good with you, always trying to comfort you when you cry, willing to feed you at 3am and taking you to the park to play.  You are a lucky girl.


I also remember the struggle to find your name and as I think back over all the other names we considered, none of them would be a good fit for you.  You are an Abigayle inside and out, my sweet, cutie patootie Abbers baby and I love you with all my heart.



I always wonder if I am giving you enough time, attention and love.  I know that with having two kids my time is often split and we don't get as much "you and me" time as I would like.  I love you immensely, more than words can describe.  Even on the days when I don't get to hold and play with you as much as I want, please know the special place in my heart that has been carved out just for you.  You are a treasure to me.
Happy 6 months sweet girl!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Little Abigayle Faith - precious treasure to ALL of us and our lives would not be the same without her! I love you soooo much little one; now stop growing until Mimi gets to see you again! :)