Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas ... Finally

I know, I know. I haven't been on here in a while. I am slowly figuring out how to manage my days now that visitors are gone and we are back home for a while. Turns out life is a tad hectic with 2 babies under 2.

Well, let's back up and tell you a little about Christmas. Both our families live in the same city which is a blessing because when we travel we get to see everyone! It does make the time go awfully fast though. The first part of the trip was spent with the Jackson clan. The girls had all kinds of fun helping to bake cakes, read books, play with toys and pretty much whatever else they could think of. Of course Abigayle laid around most of the time ... I feel ya girl, I wish I had done more of that! On our 2nd day with the Jacksons, Norah got very ill. From 12am-4am one night she threw up about 15 times and Daddy had to make 2 trips to the 24 hour Walgreens to get her some pedialyte. That was Christmas Eve day and poor Norah was a trooper. She really hung in there for all the family happenings but I could tell she wasn't quite herself. We made the most of it though and had a great time. Also, Abigayle got to meet her Great Grandma Knorr on this trip as well as her Great Uncle and Great Aunt!



Christmas day


Dave's immediate family (and Uncle & Aunt)

The second part of the trip was spent with the BeanWells family. However, on our "Christmas day" with them we all fell ill. It was literally like watching penny's fall. One by one, we each got sick. It started with my mom, the poor thing was laid up in bed the entire Christmas morning. We took Christmas to her though and we all opened our stockings sitting around her bed as she peered over at us with her puke bucket ready. A few hours later I was sick, then my brother, then Dave, then my other brother, then my sister-in-law. My oldest brother and his bride held out for a long time but eventually they succumbed to what we like to call, "the plague of 2011". The only people who didn't get it were Pops (my step-dad) and my step-brother. However, Pops had it about a month before we showed up so I think he had immunity. We were texting with my mother-in-law who informed us that everyone except my father-in-law also got it. It was no good.

Besides spending most of the time sick and then trying to get well, we did have a good time. It's always a blessing to be with family even in the worst of situations.

We did manage to make it up to my cousins wedding. I'm not gonna lie, he's one of my favorites and I was so happy for him! He was the cousin I always played with at family get togethers when we were young and I still can't believe how old we have both become. Anyway, they had a beautiful ceremony and reception and we were honored to be part of their day.

My immediate family



Reception Fun

Family


Our own family "Christmas" picture. Next year I am going to remember to take an actual family picture on Christmas, really. So far I'm 0 for 2.

I promise to post again this week to make up for my lack of story tellings! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Christmas 2011 was definitely about making the best of a bad situation! But I totally agree that whenever family is around, life is wonderful! Thanks for the pics - despite that horrible virus we still have great memories! And the Christmas Plague of 2011 will always be one for the record books!

Jenni Lynn said...

your girls are darling (and i love that you have a Norah)!! sorry everyone was sick for Christmas, that is no fun.....
I love the photo of Norah helping to decorate the cake!