Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thankful

For Thanksgiving this year my Mom and sDad came out to celebrate with us.  They came last year as well with 2 of my brothers and it was a tad chaotic.  In an attempt to eat at a decent time, not have me prepare and clean everything, I made a schedule.  A detailed schedule.  Make fun of me all you want but my household ran like a well oiled machine that day.  We got things cooked on time, we knew who needed the oven when and for how long, it went very smooth.  And we were only 15min off the completion time but I had secretly added in an extra 30 so it was all good.




The day after Thanksgiving we went over to visit some family I have in town.  My cousin was up visiting from St Louis.  We are 4 months apart and Abby and her daughter are 3 weeks apart so we just have to get a picture each year.


Upon arriving back home from visiting with them, my parents threw me a little surprise party!  And surprise it was!  My birthday wasn't for another 11 days but since they were in town they wanted to do something.  It was so sweet.  My mom also took me out for a spa day while she was here complete with a hot stone massage and pedicure!


The next day was Dave's actual birthday!  He enjoyed some time to watch football and his favorite, carrot cake!  Since my mom was visiting I had to make it gluten free and I think that made it even better!  We devoured that thing.  For his birthday I got him tickets to go to the Broncos game in Kansas City.  The next morning he and I headed off to KC for the day and an overnight ALONE!




Thanksgiving, my surprise family birthday and Dave's birthday were all a wonderful time and we really are thankful just to spend them together as a family.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dearest Emily Roses - that was THE most AMAZING GLUTEN FREE meal I have ever eaten! and that Carrot Cake -- I think I devoured it mostly by myself after you and Dave took off for the game and overnight. More fun to be 'left behind' with the Girls but so glad you and Dave had a great time celebrating his Birthday...and glad we could do a little something to celebrate you too! Will always remember that store bought birthday cake topping...."Emily is 30th"! haha! We are up for any other 'alone' weekends you and Dave want to take...I love it when I get the Girls all to myself! :) ps - love love love Norah's smile in the Daddy Birthday cake pic!