That being said there was a day in Sept I wanted to take them to the zoo. The problem is that I always feel so busy. Even when we are out and about, I feel like I am not getting enough done. I blame my iPhone for this. I love being connected, but I hate feeling connected 24/7. I hate feeling like, "while they are looking at the zebra you could write a few emails since you still haven't written people back for about a month". So this trip to the zoo I brought our actual camera and I tucked the phone into one of the hardest to reach areas of my bag. And it was glorious! I soaked it up, I enjoyed looking at the animals with them, talking about the sounds they make and the foods they eat. We had a wonderful time. I ended up not even taking very many pictures, but it's ok, I've got the moments tucked away in my mind.
| Norah wore her sunglasses even when we were inside. She loves them. |
![]() |
| The usually very crowded gorilla area was practically empty so Abigayle had a ball just crawling and climbing around. |
![]() |
| Watching the big birds. |
Later that evening when Dave came home from work he was helping Abby walk around the house. Norah always wants to help so she jumped right in. And one moment I have yet to capture on film is when Dave and I sit across from each other and help Abby walk back and fourth, Norah sits down as well and reaches her hands out and says, "come see me Abbers". LOVE it!
I think that will wrap up our September. It was a good month that flew by way too fast! I'm not thrilled about October as that means I will have a new one year old in my house!! Say it isn't so, Mama's not ready!




3 comments:
Oh those DARLING girls!! They really are the Love of my Life and I never stop smiling when I think of them or see their sweet pictures! So glad Norah includes me in her day even when I am not there! :) Kinda crazy but sometimes I 'talk' to them too when I see a hairbow they left here or a toy they played with. Papa and I talk about our great summer in the Pink House! Yep, I remember those 'melt down' days but so glad that you are loving and appreciating staying home with them. These days will go so so quickly and you will be so grateful you had this time with them....I just wish I was closer to have more time with them too! But Thank God for FaceTime and Skype! And soon we want to do a long weekend! :) love love love to all!
Oh...and Norah - those sunglasses are the Bomb! Love love them on you...you are such a little fashionista! :)
Was that the Henry Doorly Zoo? Love that place!!! Sometime it is just so good to put the phone away!!
And for your questions. I used a bed alarm for Maya & Norah, it went off when they got out of their bed. It takes a lot of persistence and disciple, but I can't remember the last time Norah got out of her bed at nap time. Also the app I have is called "Mr Moonlight" you can use this to keep the girls in their room or there bed, you just have to tell the to stay put until the sun comes up (you set the time, for nap or bed time) Hope that helps!
Post a Comment