Thursday, October 25, 2012

Abigayle is One!

It happened, she turned one!!  That last year of my life is such a blur, a happy blur but a blur none the less.  I remember my water suddenly breaking, screaming my head off and then holding her in my arms.  And now she's one.  Literally, it's like I gave birth yesterday.

She came so fast my midwife didn't even have a chance to put her scrubs on
She's been my snuggler from day one.  Our second night in the hospital the nurse got a tad "uppidy" with me because I kept letting her sleep in bed with me.  She was just so calm and peaceful next to me, I couldn't bring myself to lay her down.

Then I had 6 weeks of helpers so we did a lot more snuggling.  And that's really what I remember, lots of snuggling and lots of her growing up way too fast.

On her birthday we celebrated her 1st year with our friends.  Abby had a good time but you could tell the crowd overwhelmed her.  She's always enjoyed playing alone or smaller groups and it was pretty clear that everyone starring at her was not her favorite thing.


When it was time to sing and eat cake she looked around like people were crazy for all singing and starring at her and then she tried the cake.  She hated it.  I mean hated it.  She did not like the icing on her hands and then when I helped her taste it and everyone "ooo-ed" at the same time it scared her half to death.  It was funny to watch but the poor baby was having no fun.  



Whew, that's better
Later that evening she opened a few gifts from Mom and Dad and Norah.  Norah had a hard time understanding that all the toys were not in fact, "Mine!" and that she had to allow Abby to play with them first.  Lucky for Norah, Abigayle loses interest pretty quick and she's happy to share.


So sleepy
We had a wonderful day just celebrating our sweet Abigayle Faith.  What a ray of sunshine she has been to our family.  Norah adores her, which makes me wonder why I was ever so worried about how she would handle it.  She has stolen a piece of her Daddy's heart and she has taught her Mama the value of sitting quietly and playing with just 1 toy.  What a beautiful blessing you are to us Abigayle!  We love you deeply and look forward to many, many more years with you!



(Last 3 photos taken by my friend Amy)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I laughed my way through that post! What a beautiful baby girl Abby is and such an amazing and precious little personality. I so wish I could have been there for her 1st birthday! She is a little dolly and I just can't wait to see her (and Norah) over Thanksgiving. Such an appropriate time to be with you guys cuz I am soooo thankful for these beautiful granddaughters and can't wait to see all the wonderful things the Lord has planned for them in their lives! Love love and more love...Mini

Emmy said...

Wow Emily, you are an amazing party planner and decorator! You should seriously plan children's parties. Andy and Heidi just paid hundreds of dollars for a party that was no where nearly this impressive (although it had a pony).