Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Denver

Yep, we took another trip to the center of the universe, Colorado Springs.  I'm pretty sure I can't get enough.  Dave had some school work and work stuff to do so me and the girls made the road trip out all by our lonesome.  It's an 8 hour drive if you don't have kids and with them it took me about 10, which I was pretty happy with.  Overall it was smooth sailing but luckily the night before we left I stopped to think about potty breaks.  How was I going to use the restroom with both girls in tow?  There was no way I was going to put Abby on a bathroom floor and let her crawl around!  Blah! Simple solution, pack the stroller.  It made getting in and out of the car a little more work but it was just fine.  Other than one small meltdown by Norah for an hour, she finally gave in and fell asleep.  Abby loves sleeping in the car and I have to work to get that girl to stay awake!

We stopped in Denver for two nights to spend some time with one of my big brothers and his wife.  They were FANTASTIC hosts who waited on us hand and foot and provided lots of fun things for the girls.  We used their apartment pool (overlooking downtown Denver) and also went to Jazz in the Park.

Auntie Kimmy is a Golf Pro and Uncle Jesse just loves the game so of course he got them hooked right away

LOVED seeing the geese at Jazz in the Park




They also took Norah on her first ever bus ride!  She LOVES big busses and always asks to ride on one.  They live within walking distance to a bus stop that rides up and down the 16th Street Mall for free so we just had to do it.

Walking with Uncle Jesse, deep in conversation


Excited but not too sure about it

Just taking it all in; and HAD to bring the calculator

Checking out the big blue bear in downtown Denver

Auntie Kimmy took us to Starbucks for some coffee/smoothies.  Abigayle wasn't too sure about it.
Oh, and check out this super cute video of Norah waking up at Uncle Jesse's house.  She's just so excited to go play!!


2 comments:

Uncle Josh said...

Looks awesome and makes me jealous. Thanks for all the pictures. So when is the Seattle trip?!?

Laura said...

I love the calculator!