Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our adventure awaits

One of the blessings of Dave's job is that we get to take little adventures together when he has to travel for work.  This week we depart on something of a bigger adventure; 2 months of living in Alabama in a one bedroom hotel room.  Yeah, should be interesting.  I am really excited about it though!  When Dave and I prayed into what 2012 would hold for us, one of the things I really felt like the Lord was telling us was we needed to learn to live on less.  Not money necessarily, but stuff.

Since having 2 kids I feel like we are really outgrowing our house!  How can that be?  We have a 3 bedroom (really 4 but one isn't "legal"), 3 bath, 2 car garage and lots of storage areas.  It's all filling up so fast and I am started to feel closed in.  I feel like instead of looking forward to the day we can move somewhere bigger, I need to get rid of stuff and enjoy the space we do have.  I could go off on a whole soap box now but I will stop.  You're welcome.

Anyway, we are really looking forward to learning to live on less and make do with just us.  We always say that family is what really matters anyway and now we have a great opportunity to live that out.

So for the next two months I will be sure to update you weekly on the great adventure that awaits us!  We look forward to being pushed outside our comfort zone and finding comfort in just having each other.  

Norah & Abby both look a little shocked at the news that we are heading south for 2 months.

2 comments:

The Moffats said...

Love this, Emily. I hear you on feeling closed in and the amount of "stuff." It's always humbling to realize how much I have and all that we have been blessed with...and yet, I am still often so uncontent! Ick! Looking forward to your 2 month adventure!! A good reminder for all of us that family is what really matters.

Mom said...

LOL! Yes, mom and dad look happy about the 'adventure' but the two little ones are thinking, "seriously, how many hours did you say we will be stuck in our car seats to get to this place called Alabama....and then all of us in 1 bedroom so we have to listen to you guys toss and turn and snore all night, every night? Not a great idea here people!"