Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Painting Pumpkins, Elmo & Sister Love

We've had 3 pumpkins sitting on our table for a while now and I've been trying to decide what to do with them. I knew I wanted to do something with Norah but age 1 seems a little young to hand her a knife and say "carve away". A paint brush on the other hand ....
So, that's what we did. We stripped her down, gave her a paint brush and let her have at the big orange balls she calls, "ins"

Check out those long eyelashes!

Having so much fun!

Finger painting is way more fun than using a brush!

On our way up to the bath

A couple days later we ventured out to run a few errands; everyone was dressed and fed so it seemed a successful morning. Norah was all dolled up in a cute outfit I had been waiting for months for her to grow into and the outfit was complete with a pair of boots bought by my mom. They were adorable boots, any girl would love them; mini uggs really. Norah on the other hand, hated them. She screamed and cried and kept trying to take them off and wouldn't even walk in them. We decided to venture out anyway, assuming she'd get used to them. When we finally made it to Target I showed Norah pictures of girls wearing boots and had my mom take her to the shoe section to show her all the boots. The girl could care less. She didn't like them and wanted nothing to do with them. Finally I gave in and told my mom she could take them off; leaving Norah shoe-less in Target. We quickly scanned the shoe area trying to find something else she would wear. Nothing appealed to her. She was not going to put on another pair of shoes. She screamed at every new pair of shoes we tried putting on her. It was official. We were those people; the people everyone walks past and wonders why they can't get their kid under control. I kept searching for something to put on her feet ... and then I spotted them; fuzzy, red slippers. As I got closer I knew that face, Elmo! Elmo has saved me from disasters before and I prayed he would save the day again. And sure enough, I showed her the Elmo slippers, slid them on her feet and she was quiet! She stared down at them while my mom rushed to find her a mirror so she could see them. We finally found a mirror and I swear the girl could have spent the rest of the day standing there staring at them, dancing around, twirling in her very own ruby red Elmo slippers. She loved them. So, we spent the rest of our shopping trip with Norah running around Target in her new Elmo slippers with the tags still on. Finally we made it to the check out counter and the nice lady scanned them in while they stayed on Norah's feet. She was one happy camper! After the rest of our errands, Norah took one slipper off, cuddled with it and fell asleep on the drive home. I'm not sure what it is about Elmo but Norah is in love. She just can't get enough.

The last story of the week is a pretty sweet one. I was sitting on the bed snuggling with Abigayle, delaying getting her dressed when Norah came into the room. She patted the bed, which means she wants help up, and came and sat with us. Then she made this cute little hand gesture indicating she wanted to hold Abigayle. This would be her first attempt at it and it was a huge success. I have never seen the girl sit still for so long! We probably got 20 minutes of her just sitting, talking, laughing, making faces at and kissing her baby sister. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. And since it was too precious to describe, here are a few pictures and a little clip of some of their first sister moments together.



No comments: